Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cadence Physically Knowledgeable Synthesis on solaris

Running a very old version of cadence pks_shell I decided to play about a bit with the configuration of the two old sun E3500's. Basically the systems are old 6 processor UltraSPARC II's and I had split the memory between them evenly. This turned out to be a very silly thing to do! It meant I didn't take advantage of the fantastically wide interleave available: If I install 4 lots of 1GB then I get a 4 way interleave quadrupling the memory bandwidth. So I am timing the compile again. Unfortunately our Cadence licensing doesn't allow me to share benchmark information, but it is surprisingly quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Laird Tpcm 7250 is as good as Honeywell PTM7950 as thermal paste / interface for PC

[This is not very scientific, however it is notable. At 7.5W/m-K vs the installed SYY-157 at 15.7 W/m-K it performed better in real world lo...